I have a silver allergy?
In the last 20 years of our activity we have not met a true allergy to 'silver. More than anything else the following objects have created the myth of silver allergy (after I explain why the myth):
silver objects (jewelry) or rhodium lost his cover and the inner body (hence the nickel or brass, etc.) has created irritation or allergic reaction.
an object and was sold as silver just because it was stamped SILVER or packaging, and was written SILVER PLATED.
irritating residue of the first polishing were not removed (washing with soap and water) adequately
We call it myth because ninety percent of the people who think they have an allergy to silver but can wear a gold object safely. How come if 18K gold and made of gold (75%), silver and copper? Silver 92.5% and silver compound (92.5%) and copper. So gold and silver in his commercial alloys contain the same metals.
We found out in collaboration with many customers who thought they had an allergy to silver does not. Their conviction and born buying and wearing one of the objects described above. After putting an object (earring because most sensitive) silver 92.5% untreated (no rhodium, silver, gold, chrome, etc.) Have discovered that you have not shown some signs of allergies or irritation.
Our advice if you have doubts:
make sure that the silver is not treated (the dealer punches and insurance are not enough). Visit to a goldsmith and do give a piece of wire of section 0.9 mm long and about 3 cm.
clean it well with soap and water. Rinse the drip tray carefully. Fold in the shape of a 'U' and stick it in the ear.
After a while 'time you will see that there be no boredom.
Tell us about it
know something that could be useful to this subject? share your experience